Friday, May 12, 2006

Interview w/Kendra

Her name is Kendra! Not only is she a model, she is an actress and singer as well. She brings extensive knowledge and dedication to each and every production she is involved in and raises the standard of professionalism at every opportunity.She has a capability to fit whatever look you are trying to pull across in your project. Her resume is extensive and includes everything to being a top vocal award winner to feature spots in commercials, swimwear catalogs, pageants. Kendra is the reigning Miss Indiana American Teen 2005-2006 and also won the talent portion of the competition.Booking information for projects like: Print, Hairshows, Runway, Adverstising, Videos, Swimwear, Fashion, Lingerie write her at:kendramodelz@yahoo.com

Why did you want to become a model?

I actually never aspired to be a model. I started out as a vocalist, then through meeting new contacts, I got involved in acting. Eventually, I got involved in modeling because so many agents told me I was photogenic. I never aimed to model because I always thought a model had to be a certain height, and I'm pretty short.But I realized that there are more than one type of model and I CAN be a print model. Pretty much, I am getting in wherever I can fit in. I am using ALL my talents to be recognized!

What do you like to do in your free time?

I am a NERD! I LOVE computers, reading everything from books to magazines, and spending quality time with the ones I love. I am really a homebody. I love going out and partying on occasion, but nothing is better to me than popping some kettle corn and making it a block buster night!

Where is your favorite vacation spot?

As of right now, I have two favorite vation spots. One being New York City, and the other being Orlando, Florida. I love New York because of the hustle and bustle, the GREAT shopping, and the diversity of people there. But I also fell in love with Orlando, Florida because that is the city where the national Miss American Teen pageant took place this year (if you didn't know, I am Miss Indiana American Teen) and some of my fondest memories lie in that city!

What is your favorite movie of all-time? Any favorite television show?

My favorite movie of all time is Grease. It's a classic movie and I absolutely adore musicals! It always puts me in a great mood! My favorite television show as of right now HAS to be America's Next Top Model. I'm ADDICTED!!!

Do you have any career-goals in the future?

I currently attend Indiana State University where I major in Tv-Radio-Film with a minor in Journalism. It is my goal to one day become a national on air personality. I want to be the next Oprah! What are your goals in the modeling world? My goals in the modeling world are to become nationally recognized so that I can cross over into other aspects of entertainment.

What is your most defining feature?

My most defining feature is my tenacity. I am a fighter and will not give up no matter what the situation. No matter how I look physically, I recognize that inner beauty and strength are everything and without them, I cannot succeed! I strive to be tenacious because I am a proud black woman who is proud of her heritage and wants to create a legacy that makes my family proud!

What’s the best advice ever given to you?

Never compromise yourself for anyone or anything.

What is your favorite part about being a model?

My favorite part of being a model is having access to the best hair and makeup people around! Without them, I would look, well, like my regular old self!

Do you plan on putting together a pay site?

No. I really see no point in doing that. Why make someone pay to see my portfolio?
Her group is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KlassyKendra/

No comments: