Saturday, June 03, 2006

Interview w/Amber H


Amber is a beautiful and intelligent commercial, print and promotional model from Austin,Texas. Not only is she a model, but she is also a diligent student and aspiring educator and teacher . She is now keeping herself busy going to summer school and starting a group of models for a record label in Dallas. Despite that, she's not too busy to talk to people and network on her Yahoo! group called Commercial Models. Through this group she is trying to put a name out for commercial and print models. Check out her group and say hello to sexy model Amber!

1. What got you into modeling?
The fact that I have a beautiful smile as well as I wanted to show others it off and make them smile as well.

2. I find it interesting you named your group "commercial models". Most models name their groups after themselves. Whats behind that name?
Everyone can not be 5’7’’ or taller and I wanted to encourage others who do not have “the look” or the body type that many people in the industry who are promoted as fashionable to also consider themselves as desirable models.

3. Talk about your schooling, you are in college studying what? What are you planning to do with your education?
I attend the University of Texas at Austin. ‘hook em horns.’ My major is Government with a minor in History and I hate to brag but I am---I have a 3.1698 GPA. Oh, I graduate this August. Yeah me! I inspire to become the first female principal of Lincoln High School Humanities/Communities Magnet (located in Dallas, TX) because I believe that low socio-economic students are displaying poor progress in academic success because they lack the self-esteem needed to excel in the classroom.

4. For the fellas reading this blog, I got a question. R u single or taken?
Awwwwww. I love this question. Sorry to say but I am in a committed relationship of four years. That is 1/5 of my life. Lol

5. Another question I’m sure the fellas will want to know, what are you most likely to wear to the beach?
Shorts and a sports bra. Hey, I like to be sexy and comfortable. Who knows, I’ll end up being the strong safety for beach football.


6. To bed?
Usually boy-cut panties with a sexy top, but every once in a while my birthday suit. (Wink, wink)

7. In taking photos, what are you most comfortable in?
Any clothing but lingerie or a bathing suit. I tend to look thicker than what I am.

8. What do you bring to the modeling field or game?
I bring my beauty pageant experience and my public speaking skills.

9. What would you say is your best feature?
Smile, Personality and then my turkey-legs.

10. Which magazine would you appear on the cover of if you had a choice?
Anything but Playboy and other nudity type magazines because I have respect for my family, community, and myself; yet, more power to other models that grace the cover of Playboy.


11. Do you have any plans on making a website?
Maybe, it depends how far I do in this industry. Remember, modeling is my hobbie and not future career.


12. Sum up yourself or your style with one word, any word......(PIZZAZ)

Amber's favorites:
Color:
Purple = Royalty
Type of flower: Tulip and Oriental Lily
Type of car: 94-96 Chevy Impala SS, 67’ Mustang and all other classic cars
Musical artist: Prince, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson = all are musically talented and can play more than two instruments
Brand of jeans: Anything I can get my butt into.
Brand of lingerie: Wal-mart (Gretchen Wilson said it best, “I don’t need no designer tag, to make my man want me.)
Movie: The Program, Shrek 2
Food: Grandma’s cooking, Mexican and Chinese
Mixed Drink: at 7 Eleven mixing up flavors, long island “ice tea”, my own = tea Kool-Aid
Sports Team: N/A used to be the Dallas Cowboys in 97’
Day of the week: Friday---I get to go home from college
Actor (or actress) too many to say
Rapper: Z-ro, lil Keke and other southern rappers that I cannot think of
Book: I do not do much leisure reading because school takes up all my reading time.
Thing to do in free time: Play football, gen rummy or spades with my family.
Perfume and Cologne: I really do not wear any accept on rare occasions but if I had to choose, I will choose DESIGN. I think Dove Soap makes me smell just fine.
Celebrity: I prefer hometown heroes who have made a difference in the South Dallas community such as Kathleen Gilliam, A. Maceo Smith, H.S. Thompson and many others. Look them up on the internet to learn more about who I consider a hero.
Flavor of Ice Cream: Daiquiri Ice from Baskin Robins then my second fav is cookie dough ice cream

Sites: Musecube,New Faces,OneModelPlace, her Yahoo Group

No comments: