Thursday, June 29, 2006

Top Model for the July 4th Weekend Char E'

One can't help but think that model Char E' is the total package as a model. When I first was contacted by her it was through her publicist, and I was thinking I finally arrived since I got the attention of a model with a publicist! Char E' is very down to earth and friendly when you talk to her. She's making major moves as well, as her impressive resume shows. With her experience and beauty combined, at the age of 39 she is not only beating her younger competitors, she is also thought to be their age as well! I really liked how intelligent she was in explaining the history of pin ups. With the pin ups as well she transforms her modeling to high art! Tonight she will be at an event in New York City at the Justin's restaurant. Though I cannot be there, I have provided details of the event at the bottom. If you meet her, tell her Robert sent you. Say hello to top model Char E'!

When did you decide to model, and how long have you been in modeling? Over 24 years, it just sort Of happened over night. I was cutting class one day in the 9th grade in my high school in New Mexico when a Modeling Scout stopped me in the halls I thought I was in trouble, I was afraid to give her my full name. She was very pretty. She gave me a card to a modeling school and introduced her self as Star. I told her I was Char not Charlotte my full name. Ironically years later when I married the first letter of my new last name began with an E. After moving to the NYC area to pursue my career further at age 30 and agent accidentally typed an accent mark after the E. There’s where the persona Char E’ came about.

What do you bring to the modeling field or game? Great energy, positive attitude and years of experience.

Who is your role model in the modeling world?Tyra Banks.


I like the pinups.Where do you get the ideas for the designs? Robert, thanks for the observance, first letme explain a little about the history and the definition of the word. A true “Pin-up" was considered a painted image of a model taken from a black and white photograph. The first wascreated in this way in the early 1920’s. The word “Pin-up means perfect, wholesome, flawless, of course this is only representative of the clean and often whimsical poses that come to mind. There is an old fashioned elegance that is appreciated in this form of erotica; therefore it does have its own special place! The Artist Guy Powers creates each design from his own imagination however in some cases prior to the shoot I wanted to re-create a certain pose or time period in which case I conducted extensive research for historical content. Each piece takes days to complete. For more detail as to the process and information on the artist please visit the files section of my Yahoo Group site http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PinUpCharE.

What do you like about being in front of the camera? An opportunity to relieve stress by transforming myself self into another character, mood, time or place.

What do you like to do in your free time? Read, write poetry and stories, surf the net, cook gourmet meals, watch classic films at home with a cup of Indian Chai, go to the movies by myself and eat all the popcorn I want!

Where is your favorite vacation spot?Fiji Islands.

I’m sure the fellas will want to know-are you single or taken? Single, waiting to see what develops.

Another question I’m sure the fellas will want to know, what are you most likely to wear to the beach? To bed? To the club? LOL, the beach a string bikini only because my bum looks better and does not fit into most full coverage type of bathing suit bottoms. To bed I love 2 piece lounger sets pants or shorts with little girlie prints and bright colors. Sorry guys! To the club, a really hot top and my favorite jeans with heeled sandals or the same great top and a short skirt.

What is your most defining feature? My eyes, ok I know that ones over-rated but I definitely can’t say my toes!


What makes you oh so sexy? My voice, everyone loves it. It’s part Midwest Ohio and part New Mexico.

What turns you on in a man? Turns you off? Being too aggressive.

When you model, what settings do you like to do the most?The great outdoors! I feel at home with trees the sky, water, nature.

In taking photos, what are you most comfortable in?Jeans and an alluring top.

You have a Yahoo Group. Are you on any other sites? Yes, too many too list, however I do have some of them are just a few.

If you haven't already, do you plan to put together another site?
I will be using the new Yahoo Groups site as a prelude to the re-launch of the new Charepinups.com

If you had a choice, what magazine would you be on the cover of? People

If you had a choice of videos, which one would you be in? A dirty south crunk video or would you go R&B? R&B all the way.

What is your favorite part about being a model?International travel, new opportunities, setting your own schedule and l limits, wearing feminine and beautiful clothing, dressing up.

What’s the best advice ever given to you?Don’t give up on yourself, your all youv’e got.

What advice do you give to young, up and coming models? Read all that you can from magazines Ask a lot of questions of anyone you know that is in this business. Take a brief class at a community college on any form of graceful dance such as belly dancing or any dances of the eastern religion and culture. This will give you a wide range of poses and flow when you move. Stay spiritually balanced and try to experiment with adding healthier foods to your diet if you do not presently. Most important remember to smile on the inside first, someone will always be watching the outside!

What are your goals in terms of being a model?I would like to complete my book “Virtual Youth” in 2007, launch my own line of vintage inspired clothing with “Pin-up Girl Jeans” before somebody else does! And see meet the right investor you can have my products such as the tote bags, journals & t-shirts in major shopping malls across the country.

I’m glad that I got a chance to catch up with you, so for my last question, I want you to sum up your style and yourself with one word..... Classy!

Char E's sites:

Black Men In America(Interview from June 6)
Erotic Expresssions(same Interview)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PinUpCharE/(NEW! My official Fan Site)
www.cafepress.com/charepinups(My Online Pin-up Retail Store)
Elegance Talent Group(Featured model Feb 2006) must type in ID # 2900
BagHatVinyl(Exclusive Interview)
MySpace (My Myspace Page)
DimePiece Models (Model # 444) I have been a feature on this Site several times)
New Trendz(Page #8)( I was a Featured Model in the past)

Char E's favorites

Color-Pink
Type of flower- Pink Rose
Type of car-Kia Amanti
Musician-Jill Scott
Brand of jeans-Apple Bottom
Brand of lingerie-Victoria Secret, who else??
Movie-Set It Off
Type of food-Anything creamy or sweet!
Mixed drink-Martini with olive
Sports Team-Pittsburgh Steelers!
Day of the week-Sunday
Actor or Actress-Dorothy Dandridge
Rapper-Nas, I always give credit to the OG’s out there
Book-The Bible
Free time activity-Writing poetry,short stories
Perfume-Shalamar
Celebrity-Angelina Jolie
Flavor of Ice Cream-Chocolate

Thanks so much for your time Char E'! Thanks so much Robert! And thanks for the opportunity for exposure on your popular weblog!


Meet model Char E' at The Event at Justin's tonight(6/30/2006)
S.T.R.O.B.E Awards VIP Gala
(Showcasing The Resources Of Black Enterprise)
Friday.06.30.06 5pm...
5pm - 7pm Red Carpet VIP Reception & Award Presentation
Awardees:
Cheryl Gentry/GLOW Media
Vince Harden/i.b.Concept Magazine
CharE/Pin Up Model Of The Year
Alfonso Graham/Fashion Stuff Magazine

Featuring:
Live DJ, $4 Beers, $5 Cocktails & $6 Martinis @bar
7pm Video Fashion Show by www.AnthonyEastwick.com

Hosted by Sean 'Diddy' Combs Signature venue...
Justins Restaurant
31 W.21st St.(btw 5th & 6th Ave.)NYC
F,V,1 or Path train to 23rd St.

RSVP A Must to: 212.352.0599
Dinner/Bottle Service Preferred for Tables

21yrs+ older. Fashionable Summer Chic Attire

No comments: