Friday, November 03, 2006

Interview with Whitney Reagan AKA Cherokeey Indian

Whitney Reagan AKA Cherokeey Indian is a beautiful midwest model living in Gary, IN. What I like about Whitney is that she has it all: beauty,intelligence,and a great sense of humor. Not only that,if you IM her or talk to her through Tagworld or her Myspace site or her Yahoo!Group, you'll find out that she's very funny and down to earth! I'll give credit to Miss Cherokeey for giving me the idea to interview and give exposure to models. As she says in her own words, shes a beautiful mix; modest, humble, and desired by many and envied by most! Check out the top model Cherokeey!

First of all, where are you from and what city, state or town are you representing?I am originally from Chicago, IL born and raised. I am currently residing and representing Gary, IN.

What are your measurements? 34C-26-37

Cherokeey (Indian) is a pretty name which seems exotic. Your look is really exotic also. What is your ethnic background? My ethnic background consists of African American and Native American (Cherokee tribe).

Why did you want to become a model? I began modeling at the age of 16, while in high school doing several fashion shows and events. I also was involved in Student Council while in high school; so we were responsible for planning and organizing all of the major events and parties that took place at our school. Being apart of this made me realize that I enjoyed being within the limelight and making sure that other people, including myself, always had a good time. Modeling allows me to maintain that status of being able to make sure that others enjoy themselves and I know that I am the one responsible for it; therefore I become the center of attention.

Who is your greatest influence and what helped you to decide that you would love to be a model? My parents are my greatest influence. Both of my parents taught me to become the responsible and successful adult that I am today. My parents always encouraged me to seek my dreams and to attempt to fulfill them. I have done so by being persistent and I have been successful at many things that are present in my life today. Having such a great influence, as this, and having such a strong determination I know that these two factors are the reason why I am a model.

What do you bring to the modeling field or game? I bring various attributes to the modeling game. I have a different yet versatile look; my ethnicity as well as my measurements. I also contribute the positive attitude; as well as being diverse. I never attempt to focus on one aspect of modeling. When one does that it tends to hender them and does not allow a model to excel in their career to the fullest. Don't get me wrong, some models have managed to focus on one aspect of modeling that is working for them but in the long run it is going to get old and will only make for them to have a limited career.

What do you like to do in your free time? I love watching television (Law and Order: SVU, Law and Order: Criminal Intent, First 48, Forensic Files, and Court TV); reading urban novels; cooking; bowling; spending time with family and friends.

Where is your favorite vacation spot? North Carolina

I'm sure the fellas will want to know-are you single or taken? I am already taken and off the market {LOL}.

What kind of man do you prefer; Wall Street executive or hat to the back thug? I have a philosophy that I know that many women would say that it would hold true for them as well. I don't want know Wall Street Journal brotha who is going to be suited and booted all of the time and if we go out and something breaks out in the streets he running behind me for cover; yet at the same time I don't want a brotha that is going to be calling me from the county jail collect every other weekend because he hasn't gotten into trouble again. I would like to have a nice blend of the two: meaning that I would like to have a guy who is professional and knows how to conduct himself at work as well as when we go out in public and he knows how to handle situations when they arise no matter where we are.

What was your first kiss like?It was exciting and something that I will always remember.

Another question Im sure the fellas will want to know, what are you most likely to wear to the beach? To bed? To the club, if you go to clubs? To the beach - I will wear a cute one piece swimsuit; to bed - it really depends on the season and what the weather is like; to clubs - well since I don't do clubs and I do more pubs/bars I will usually wear some fitted jeans with a cute fitted top/sweater (depending on the weather) and a pair of stilletoes.

What is your most defining feature? My legs and calfs.

Being as beautiful as you are, you must get alot of attention day to day. How do you deal with all that attention? I always appreciate a compliment so I am always going to cordial and tell someone thank you when they give me a compliment; or even if someone is just cordial enough to speak. I live by the motto, "Treat others as you would want to be treated". If someone gives me attention and acknowledges me I will do the same and make sure that I treat them in a respectable manner.

What's the worst opening line you have heard? "Since you are Whitney just call me Bobby Brown"

When you model, what settings do you like to do the most? I love studio settings due to the fact that you can really get creative inside a studio and make it look like an everyday life situation.

In taking photos, what are you most comfortable in? I am pretty much comfortable in everything that i shoot in; BUT the most comfortable that I would have to say is my fitted outfits (dressess; jeans; tops; etc.).

If you had a choice, what magazine would you be on the cover of? Rolling Stone

If you had a choice of videos, which one would you be in? A dirty south crunk video or would you go R&B? I would definitely have to say that I would go R&B.

What is your favorite part about being a model? Having the opportunity to travel and meet other people (local and national celebrities); also just being recognized by people from near and afar.

What's the best advice ever given to you? Maintain focus and continue to strive for everything that I desire.

What are your goals in terms of being a model? I immulate two celebrities that have allowed me to set a standard for myself within modeling; Halle Barry and Queen Latifah. Both of these women are primary cover face models for two nationally known makeup companies. Halle Barry is with Revlon and Queen Latifah is with Cover Girl and both women have excelled in their careers by being diverse and not allowing others to hender them and getting in their ways. I know that if I allow myself to remain diverse I will be able to be just as versatile and successful as these two women.

Who do you prefer, Tyra or Naomi? Naomi

I've seen you on your Yahoo Group and Myspace, are you on any other sites? I am on ModelMayhem.com; ModelPlace.com and I was featured on the Michael Baisden show: Click The Bad Boy Fan Club Click on the "Sexiest Female Cops in the USA".

Anything else you want to throw out there to the people? That I am a fun loving, down to earth, laid back, successful woman trying to do her thing. I am easy to get to know and if anyone wants to get to know me either join my yahoo group or hit me up on myspace.

I'm glad that I got a chance to catch up with you, so for my last question, I want you to sum up your style and yourself with one word..... humble

Cherokee's "favorites"

Color - Blue (any shade)
Type of flower - Tulip
Type of car - 1979 Chevy Impala
Musician - Kirk Whalum
Brand of jeans - Levi's
Brand of lingerie - Victoria Secrets
Movie - Enemy of the State
Type of food - Grilled Cajun Talapia
Mixed drink - Amerreto Sour
Sports Team - Philadelphia 76er's (basketball); Chicago Bears (football); Chicago White Sox (baseball)
Day of the week - Wednesdays
Actor or Actress - Larenz Tate (actor); Jada Pinkett - Smith (actress)
Rapper - Ice Cube
Book - Skyscraper (Zane)
Free time activity - reading
Perfume - Be Delicious by DKNY
Celebrity - Larenz Tate
Flavor of Ice Cream - Cookie Dough
Type of kiss - French

1 comment:

JDR said...

Im really happy to see Whitney gaining the exposure she so sorely deserves. Like the interview shows Whit is a very down to earth, dilligent, sweet, and caring person to know. I have had the pleasure of working with her in the past and wouldn't hesitate to do so again. Dont slip on this young lady she is driven and not to be stopped...Oh yea she's a Detective and carries a big gun too....LOL