Monday, March 26, 2007

Interview w/"Hot Pic" contest winner Miss Kris!

When I thought of the "hot pic" contest way back last year, I was taken aback by the pic of hot model Miss Kris. What I liked about the picture that Miss Kriss submitted was just her pose and the color schemes that were used. It was a real piece of art! Miss Kris won the contest and rightfully so. I just loved her beauty and her smile! Credit is also due to the photographer Robert Watson for taking this impressive pic! Check out this interview with the lovely Miss Kris and check out the sites she is on and you will see what I mean!

1) The picture you submitted to my "Hot Pic"contest was off the hook with the colors and the pose that you did. Tell me about the photographers behind the picture that you submitted.
The photographer is a good friend of mine-Robert Watson of Desire Photos. One day we were bored and just playing around, because he wanted to try out some new equipment he purchased. I think we were both surprised at how good the pictures came out considering it was just a spur of the moment type thing.

2) On your Myspace page, you say that you arent a model, you just look like one. As true as this is, I have to ask, would you consider modeling, being as good at it as you are and having that beauty that you have? I would consider modeling…I don’t turn down nothing but my collar! I just want people to know that I am a journalist first and I modeling is just an extra talent.

3) Another thing you say in those big white letters is that you are a journalist. What got you into journalism? Also, would you consider starting a "blog" like this one, which alot of journalists do? Ever since I was a little girl I wanted to be on tv. I dreamed of being a prettier, skinnier version of Oprah….lol… so that’s when the journalism interest was born…. Just kidding! But seriously, I went to school for journalism and that’s when I realized that it’s a really meaningful career and a way to get my voice and the voice of others heard. I don’t really have time to write a blog, but I love reading yours.

4)You are a journalist first, and a model in your spare time. What got you started in modeling? And how long have you been doing it?
My mom made me do beauty pageants when I was little girl because she thought they developed character….lol. I guess that’s kinda how things got started. People have always told me I should be a model, but I would always shrug it off as “game.” But, recently I started taking modeling more seriously because it has been rewarding. Getting paid to smile is definitely a good deal! It’s a fun and easy little side hustle, so I have been doing it for the past year.

5) Your name and look are really exotic. What is your ethnic background?African-Ja-Merican. My mom is black and my father is Jamaican. People ask me all the time am I mixed and I say “No, I’m just a regular ole sista” lol

6) Being as beautiful as you are, you must get a lot of attention day to day. How do you deal with all that attention?
Everyone’s perception is that pretty girls get a lot of attention, but in reality most men think I’m unapproachable. I don’t get a lot of attention, but when I do-of course it makes me feel good. I just smile and take it all in stride.

7) If you were a piece of candy, what would it be and why?
Umm… skittles I guess?!?! That’s my favorite type of candy so I guess we are both vibrant thangs, we have a a tough exterior and soft inside, and we are full of flavor so we appeal to all the senses.

8) What attracts you to a man?
Swagger and Appearance initially attract me to a man, but it takes much more than that to keep me interested.

9) If you had the opportunity, would you work in music videos? And who's video would you jump at the chance to be in?
Well… I love to dance, but I think my booty shaking is best left at home in front of my mirror. I don’t think I would work in music videos unless it was like Chris Brown or John Legend serenading me with a sweet little love song ;-)

10) What magazine would you most want to be featured in?
O Magazine. Oprah is my role model and plus everyone reads that magazine.

11) I'd really like to see more of you. Are you on any other sites besides your Myspace page? For those of you in the Charlotte, NC area and surrounding, you can see me every Monday night at 10:30pm on Channel 21. I host a show called “The Time is Now”. I’m also featured on carolinablackbeauties.com

12) Again, congratulations on winning the Models I Like "Hot Pic" contest! For my last question, I want you to sum up your style and yourself with just one word........ CAPTIVATING Kristen signing out!!!

Miss Kris's favorites:

Color: Pink
Type of flower: pink roses
Type of car: Benz
Musician: John Legend

Brand of jeans: Vigoss Jeans or Seven Jeans
Brand of lingerie: Fredricks of Hollywood
Movie: City of God
Type of food: Italian
Mixed drink: anything frozen with a little umbrella in it…like a Margarita, Daiquiri or Bellini

Sports Team: UNC Basketball and the Carolina Panthers…gotta rep the home team!
Day of the week:
Sunday…the day of REST & Good Eats
Actor or Actress:
Nia Long and Matthew Mmconehay
Rapper: Kanye West(male) Trina(female)

Book: Psalms in the bible
Free time activity: Photography & Scrapbooking
Perfume: I prefer body oils
Celebrity:
Beyonce
Flavor of Ice Cream:
cookies-n-creme
Type of kiss: passionate kisses

No comments: