Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Interview with Yolonda Yvette!


Yolonda Yvette is a beautiful model originally from my area of Washington DC now residing in Florida. I first found Yolonda on her
Myspace site. What I like about her is obvious but she also is a very cool, down to Earth and beautiful woman with Black, Latina, and Asian roots. She is classy and warm, and she does have a nice body as well! Not only that, she is goal oriented, hard working, and serious about modeling as well.Need I say more? Check out my interview with the beautiful Yolonda Yvette!

First of all, where are you from and what city, state or town are you representing? I was born in Washington, D.C., better known as "Chocolate City" but was raised in Germany. I have lived a little bit of everywhere but for the most part, I'm representing Florida.

What are your measurements? 34-26-38

What do you think is unique about your look? Due to being ethnically diverse (Black, Latino and Asian) my contrasting features allow my uniqueness to shine through. Call it eclectic, if you will.

Why did you want to become a model? It actually started off as a hobby. I've always been into fashion and the art behind the industry. (I'd like to thank Tyra Banks, America's Next Top Model and Fashion Police for teaching me the ropes). Then one day, I had my first professional photo shoot, learned that the camera loved me and from then on out I've been hooked.
What do you hope to bring to the modeling field or game? Inspiration; not for those models who are arriving into the industry or already established, but for those who will come after me. Anyone can claim the title of "model," but I would rather be known as a role model.

What do you like to do in your free time? I'm the epitome of laid-back so I spend most of my time relaxing. Every now and then, I'll go to the club or a few parties. I love to cook, read, write, exercise and go to the movies but my passion is music: listening to it, singing it, dancing to it, collecting it and writing songs.

Where is your favorite vacation spot? Wow, that's a tough one. I'll have to say Fiji because I have always wanted to go there and based off the pictures I've seen and word-of-mouth, I'm sure I'll love it.

I’m sure the fellas will want to know-are you single or taken? I'm single.

What kind of man do you prefer; nice guy or bad boy? My ideal guy would be a nice guy with the ability to be bad and vice-versa. (It's a Gemini thing; two souls in one so I have to be sure to cover both personalities). *wink

What was your first kiss like? My first kiss was better than it should have been for my age. It was very nice. What age was I? (I'll plead the 5th on that one).

If you were a piece of candy, what kind of candy would it be and why? I would be an assorted chocolate because as Forrest Gump would say, "…You never know whatcha gonna get". *smile

Another question I'm sure the fellas will want to know, what are you most likely to wear to the beach? To bed? To the club, if you go to clubs?
To the Beach: a bikini from Victoria's Secret or House of Dereon.

To Bed: This usually depends on my mood. It could be sweatpants and a wife-beater, short shorts and a tank top or an oversized tee-shirt, lingerie or…well, after lingerie what else is there? *wink, wink

To the Club: Only and always the sexiest clothes in my closet; you'd have to see me in person to understand how serious my club wear is or better yet… ask about me.

Being as beautiful as you are, you must get alot of attention day to day. How do you deal with all that attention? I take the attention and compliments, when given kindly but very lightly simply because beauty and good-looks are temporary. They could be gone in a split second due to a freak accident or a jealous attack. I choose to bask in my good deeds to others and blessings from God, for only what I do for Christ will last. True beauty radiates externally when a person is beautiful internally.

If you had a choice, what magazine would you be on the cover of? I would have to say Vogue or King because both are the top-selling magazines within their genres and have paved the way for many rising stars in the entertainment and fashion industry.

If you had a choice of videos, which artist would you want to work with? Oh no…I knew this was coming! (laughing) I can't just choose one. I'm such a music fanatic but it would range from Jay-Z, T.I. & 50 Cent to the All-American Rejects, Daughtry & Toby Keith.

What are your goals in terms of being a model? My modeling goals are to be successful, stay true to who I am spiritually and mentally and ultimately to be a positive example for someone to follow and have fun.

I've seen you on Myspace, are you on any other sites? Yes, I'm on a few here and there. To my surprise, I am on several Top Friends lists on Myspace. (Shout out to everyone showing me love and support). I also have my own website: www.yolondayevtte.com, which is currently under construction.

Anything else you want to throw out there to the people? To never give up on your dreams. If someone or something is bringing you nothing but drama and negativity, throw it away because if it's not going to make the both of you better people and this world a better place, what is its worth? Everything has a reason and its day so remember to love and live life.

I’m glad that I got a chance to catch up with you, so for my last question, I want you to sum up your style and yourself with one word..... Classic.

Yolonda's Favorites:

Color: Red
Type of Flower: Calla lilies
Type of Car: Chevrolet
Musician: Aaliyah & Beyonce
Brand of Jeans: Wet Seal & BabyPhat
Brand of Lingerie: Frederick's of Hollywood
Movie: A Perfect World
Type of Food: International
Mixed Drink: Cosmopolitan & White Russian
Sports Team: All of them (I love sports!)
Day of the Week: Everyday I'm blessed to wake up
Actor or Actress: Jamie Foxx & Angelina Jolie
Rapper: Tupac Shakur
Book: The Bible
Free time activity: Listening to music & relaxing
Perfume: Paris Hilton & Victoria's Secret Divine
Celebrity: Allen Iverson, Beyonce
Flavor of Ice Cream: Cookie Dough or Dulce de Leche
Type of Kiss: One with meaning

No comments: