Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Happy 4th of July:Check out Tangie!

In the VH1 "Charm School" series, there was one episode where they explained the concept of the "Urban Renaissance Man". I'm going to flip the script and show you an "Urban Renaissance Woman", which I will refer to with the initials "URW". When I first saw the model Tangie, she embodied this concept of the "URW". Much like the "URM" has certain qualities, Tangie has qualities that make her a "URW"-sexiness, beauty, sassiness, and she's just so cool! I just know that this model is going to be all over the place soon, so Im glad that got a chance to interview her. For the 4th of July, check out this red hot model who is brighter than fireworks-meet the "Urban Renaissance Woman" known as Tangie!

For those that don't know Tangie, introduce yourself. Let's see, where to begin.. There's so much about "Tangie" we're gonna be here all day. My real name is Tanshenetta, pronounced Tan-she-net-tah... CRAZY right? I know, but Im kinda named after someone and unbelievably her name is a little worse than mine. Hers is pronounced Tanee-sha-net-tah. Yikes! lol. Anyhow, Im 22 years old, I graduated from Dillard University in July 2006 and I have a B.S. in Biology. I have been working a full time job since I was 15 and Im almost addicted to it. So I keep myself busy with work, working out, more work, and eating. I used to go to the movies (alone) on Saturday mornings but lately, I've been way too busy. I model, obviously, and I promote different products. Basically, Im always focused on promoting myself and making money. As far as what my goals are, Im looking into developing a clothing line and a magazine. I'll go into details later..lol

What are your measurements? Let's see Im 34(B)-26-37 That equals extreme sexyness! (wink)

Tangie AKA Mayne Attrakshun is a pretty name which seems exotic. Your look is really exotic also. What is your ethnic background? For the most part, Im BLACK, and you know all black people are mixed with something! lol... Let's just say I always check off other when asked my race.. Simply because it doesn't matter and they don't seed to include me in their statistics.

Why did you want to become a model, and who is your greatest influence and what help you to decide that you would love to be a model??? This is a hard question.. I wanted to become a model when I realized how sexy I was. Seriously, I'm not trying to sound full of myself, but for a long time, I didn't think I was worth really looking at. I always knew I was a cute girl, but I was always the "smart cute" girl, not the model type. People used to always call me skinny. Man, that's one word I hate.. lol, But when I started growing up, I was no longer "skinny", I became slim, and then I grew to become "sexy". At this rate, I may never reach "fine". Hahaha. Im crazy. For real though, although people were telling me I was sexy, I just brushed it off. Then in 2004, when I had my very first photoshoot, I got to see my self in a different way, and DAMN, I was sexy. That was the point when I realized I could actually be a model. From there I've done 2 music videos, a billboard, a calendar, modeled for alize, patron, seagrams, flyers, thousands of photographers and the list goes on and on. All that and I still didn't answer the question huh? lol, I wanted to become a model because I want to "break" the "model" image. For the most part when people think of a model, they imagine someone tall, slender, with a flawless body! Well, when I think of a model, I think of anyone that can basically sell themselves and damn near any product. For example, take the ugliest pair of shoes in the world and put them on my feet, you better believe, Ima work em. Ima make people wanna buy those shoes. That's a model. And yes, tall women look really nice in most clothes and lingerie, but guess what, so do I. I mean, I look damn good in Victoria's secret, but, professionally, I'll never be able to model for them. Im just too short. So why not model my own. An average woman is not 5'9", and we are not gonna look like they do when we wear those same clothes. Trust me, I've tried it. lol

What do you bring to the modeling field or game? I bring everything. Excitement, mystery, natural beauty, intelligence, and I have a very exotic essence. However, I do have a lot to work on.

What do you like to do in your free time? Work! lol..

Where is your favorite vacation spot? Right now, I'll have to say New York.. I love New York.

I’m sure the fellas will want to know-are you single or taken?
Im as single they come!

Another question Im sure the fellas will want to know, what are you most likely to wear to the beach? To bed? To the club, if you go to clubs? Man, there are no beaches in New Orleans. lol, but when I finally make it to one, what else... A Bikini.. As far a bed and the club goes, lets just say, I don't have a problem showing skin!

What is your most defining feature? Perhaps you should tell me! I don't know, I guess none of my features alone define me, but the whole package together is DEADLY..

What was your first kiss like? As soon as I remember, I'll tell you. Wait! I think it was with my high school boyfriend. It was magical..

Being as beautiful as you are, you must get alot of attention day to day. How do you deal with all that attention? Most of the attention I get is either negative, or unwanted. Don't get me wrong, I get approached by a lot of nice people, and I have a lot of supportive people in my life, but as does every girl, I have a lot of "haters".. A lot of people don't like me, and the funny part is, I always find that out from a third party and It usually turns out that I don't even know the person that doesn't like me. Of course, I never address he say she say unless it involves someone I actually care about...

If you had a choice, what magazine would you be on the cover of? GQ. That would be so FLY!

Who's better,Naomi or Tyra? Tyra. She's a hustler..

What do you prefer to watch-Charm School or America's Next Top Model? I never miss either.. Charm school is excellent tv, and I actually learn stuff from America's Top Model..

I've seen you on your Model Place and Myspace, are you on any other sites? I'm on Model Place? (confused face) Model Mayhem and Ujena Talent.

Anything else you want to throw out there to the people? Don't follow your dreams. STALK THEM! lol... Set goals, and try your best to accomplish them. Don't depend on family or friends because although it's sad to say, almost nobody wants to see you do good. Everyone else will make it seem like they've "been through this" and "been through that" and they think they know what's best for you. NEWS FLASH! Nobody knows what's best for you, not even you! So just do what makes you happy. By all means, love those who love you and try not to step on too many people and burn too many bridges. Karma is a B*itch. And whenever that certain occurence happens, and you get the opportunity to see who really has your back, stick with them..Forget the rest.

And for all the haters, JEALOUSY IS A SICKNESS.. GET WELL B*ITCHES! lol (Im serious)


LOL. I'm glad that I got a chance to catch up with a true "Urban Renaissance Woman" as yourself, so for my last question, I want you to sum up your style and yourself with one word..... EXTRAORDINARY

Tangie's "favorites"

Color Blue
Type of flower Rose
Type of car Benley (One day :)
Musician
Alicia Keys
Brand of jeans
Bongo (they make my butt look big)
Brand of lingerie
Victoria's Secret
Movie Independence day! (Lame huh?)
Type of food Anything that's good!
Mixed drink Rum punch!
Sports Team
You already know! Ima Saint's Fan Baby. Holla at me Reggie lol.
Day of the week Sunday
Actor or Actress
WAY too many to name..
Rapper Jay Z/Eminem
Book Never say Never
Free time activity
Sleep
Perfume Paris Hilton
Celebrity Beyonce' (the girl is hot)
Flavor of Ice Cream
Vanilla (any kind but blue bell)
Type of kiss
Passionate

3 comments:

j_jones said...

hey tangie this is jaamal. im very proud of all your accomplishments so far. you always was a hard worker you know where hard work leads to SUCCESS and you are on your way there. your pics are looking amazing. i always knew you had it in you you were always a beautiful women. continue kill'n them softly with your intelligence and beauty. you are always going to have people hate'n on you that means you are really doing something and they want to be like you but they can't. continue the great work you're doing. congratulations oh and dont ever forget to thank God for everything and continue to pray.

Tweety said...

Wuz up lil sis.. I just came 2 post my comment and 2 let u know dat that I am very proud of you. Keep doing what u r doing and fuck da rest. I feel like for the most part you have accomplished something that alot of people already envy besides your modeling and that is getting ur bachelor degree. My lil sis has grown up to be more beautiful than ever, fuck whoever that has something to say about you or your modeling career b cause like I've always said "YOUR REAL FRIENDS R GOING 2 B YOUR REAL FRIENDS NOT MATTER WHAT THE OUTCOME IS AND A HATER IS ALWAYS GOING TO B A HATER" They jealous b cause they cant do it r they don't have the body nor looks for it. You got it so work it and do what u do 2 keep u happy. And in my words fuck them b**ches do u.
I LOVE YOU AND I'M PROUD OF YOU...YOUR BIG SISTER LA'KEISHA.

Tweety said...

Wuz up lil sis.. I just came 2 post my comment and 2 let u know dat that I am very proud of you. Keep doing what u r doing and fuck da rest. I feel like for the most part you have accomplished something that alot of people already envy besides your modeling and that is getting ur bachelor degree. My lil sis has grown up to be more beautiful than ever, fuck whoever that has something to say about you or your modeling career b cause like I've always said "YOUR REAL FRIENDS R GOING 2 B YOUR REAL FRIENDS NO MATTER WHAT THE OUTCOME IS AND A HATER IS ALWAYS GOING TO B A HATER" They jealous b cause they cant do it r they don't have the body nor looks for it. You got it so work it and do what u do 2 keep u happy. And in my words fuck them b**ches do u.
I LOVE YOU AND I'M PROUD OF YOU...YOUR BIG SISTER LA'KEISHA.