Friday, July 20, 2007

Meet Jameka!

Jameka is a beautiful model who's quite a Southern Belle! What I like about Jameka is her depth; she's very spiritual and artistic as well, and she brings that out in her modeling. Not only that, but she also has her own radio show, which she goes into detail about, and she writes poetry as well. Check out my interview with the fierce model Jameka!

First of all, where are you from and what city, state or town are you representing? I’m representing both Charlotte, NC and Richmond, VA proudly. I was born in Charlotte, but I spent my middle school and high school years in Richmond. I have mad love for both places; I’m a proud southern belle.

On your Myspace you mention a radio show that you have. Can you talk about that? I both host and executive produce More Than Sex, an internet talk radio show about dating & relationships. I host it along with my talented co-host Curtis Hevi. You can check me out live every Sunday night @ 11 p.m. EST on www.blogtalkradio.com/morethansex or if you miss the live broadcast, you can tune in every Saturday @ 3 p.m. EST on www.thewoet.com.

Why did you want to become a model? I was a very photogenic child, so it was a natural progression. Also, I was teased horribly as a child for looking and being different, so modeling and acting was a great way to build my self-confidence…Before long, I started to love it. I’ve always been a performer…I love the spotlight.

Who is your greatest influence and what help you to decide that you would love to be a model???
The greatest influence in my life is my unwavering trust in God and belief in Jesus Christ as my personal savior. My mother has always encouraged me in all of my endeavors, including modeling.

What do you bring to the modeling field or game?
Something different…I think that I have a unique and natural look that is lacking in the industry right now. I feel like I can be glamorous just as I am---everything about me is 100 percent natural, from the hair to the nails, lol. People appreciate realness.

What do you like to do in your free time?
I love to read. I also write. I am in the process of publishing a book of poetry, which will also feature photography. In addition, I’m also working on my first novel.

What was your first kiss like?
Messy…the guy was a sloppy kisser and tried to ram his tongue down my throat…not a good look at all.

What is your most defining feature?
Most people would say my hair…personally I think it’s my smile. I love my dimples!

Being as beautiful as you are, you must get a lot of attention day to day. How do you deal with all that attention?
Firstly, thanks for the compliment. Secondly, I am humbled by the attention. It still amazes me that people always stop me on the street and want to talk to me. It’s cool though, perhaps it is preparing me for stardom, who knows.

When you model, what settings do you like to do the most?
I love being outside. Studio shoots are okay, but I find so much inspiration from being on location. I must admit, I like the attention from the onlookers passing by…

In taking photos, what are you most comfortable in?
I’m pretty flexible. I can rock anything from jeans to a ballgown with ease.

If you had a choice, what magazine would you be on the cover of? Definitely Essence Magazine; I would love to assist in redefining what is considered beautiful for women of color.

What is your favorite part about being a model? Being able to play dress up and create beautiful images for people to enjoy. And, photo shoots are just plain fun...you are pampered for free, and you get paid for it.

What’s the best advice ever given to you?
Keep God First!

What are your goals in terms of being a model? I would like to get a few magazine features, host my own TV show and a role in a movie would be ideal. Being the spokes model for a clothing line would be awesome as well.

I've seen you on your Myspace and your self-titled site, are you on any other sites?
Yep, quite a few, but here are the main ones…
http://www.urmonline.com/
http://www.sotacmag.com/

www.modelplace.com/jameka
In addition, I’m on Model Mayhem

Anything else you want to throw out there to the people? I am also a regular blogger so please check out Thoughts on Being Seen…@ http://jameka-shamae.blogspot.com/; As well as my website, http://www.jameka-shamae.com/. I love to get emails so feel free to hit me up at jameka@jameka-shamae.com

I’m glad that I got a chance to catch up with you, so for my last question, I want you to sum up your style and yourself with one word...
Fierce

Jameka's "favorites"

Color
Red
Type of flower
White Roses
Type of car
BMW Roadster
Musician
Marvin Gaye
Brand of jeans
Guess
Brand of lingerie
Victoria’s Secret
Movie
Dirty Dancing vs. The Color Purple
Type of food Anything
Asian or Vegan
Mixed drink
I don’t do mixed drinks anymore
Sports Team
Carolina Panthers
Day of the week
Saturday
Actor or Actress
Angela Bassett
Rapper
Common
Book
I know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
Free time activity
Reading
Perfume
Cool Water for Women
Celebrity I don’t really have one
Flavor of Ice Cream Vanilla Almond Bark Tofutti
Type of kiss Slow & Passionate…

1 comment:

AMARI said...

you go girl. beauty and brains is a lethal combination. much success.

onelove, oneheart
Amari

HIGHERVISION