Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Alek Wek: model on a mission

I find really inspiring the story of model Alek Wek:

Picture from Timesoline.co.uk

Yet the story Wek is here to tell beats any amount of nightclub lowlife. Her book on her escape from the Sudanese civil war in 1991 has earned her a very different kind of media attention. At the age of 30, when many models peer gloomily into the mirror each morning and wonder if they will ever stride another catwalk, Wek has become so busy she really doesn’t care how many fashion shows she misses.

“I did those shows for so long to establish my career,” she said. “But I’m not going to spend forever running around with 17 and 18-year-old models. This is about me evolving as a person”.


Check out the rest of the story on Timesonline.co.uk!

No comments: