Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Interview with J Michelle!

J Michelle is a beautiful model hailing from Detroit! Not only is she a model, but she is also an up and coming singer as well. What I like about J Michelle is her look; it's so earthy, so cool, and so down to Earth.She's also really creative and versatile. Not only does she sing and model, but she also is a massage therapist. I first found J Michelle on her Myspace site, but she also is on Model Mayhem as well. Check her out, go to her site and check out her music. She will be in Parsons Kansas on July 12, 2008 with "Motown On the Move" so check that out if you are in the Kansas area. Say hello to the beautiful and ecclectic J Michelle!

Where are you from and what city, state or town are you representing? I AM A NATIVE DETROITER! BORN AND RAISED; I REPRESENT THE EASTSIDE OF THE "D"

What are your measurements, height and weight? I AM 5'5'' 135LB 36B 24 36

What is your most defining feature? What do you like to show the most in your pictures? I BELIEVE MY EYES ARE MY MOST DEFINING FEATURE. AFTER ALL THEY ARE THE WINDOWS TO THE SOUL.

When did you start modeling? I BEGAN MODELING IN MARCH OF 2007, SO I'M STILL PRETTY NEW AT IT.

You sing also. Tell us about your music. MUSIC IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO ME RIGHT NOW. MY MUSIC IS VERY ECCLECTIC. YOU'LL HEAR A LITTLE NEO SOUL, ALOT OF R&B AND JUST ENOUGH HIP HOP. RIGHT NOW I'M WORKING ON MY FIRST DEMO PROJECT. I CALL IT "A WORK IN PROGRESS" NOT ONLY AM I A SOLO SINGER BUT I AM ALSO A PART OF AN ALL GIRL RAP GROUP CALLED DEVYNE DYMES.

Why did you want to become a model? I ENJOY MAKING SOMTHING FROM NOTHING AND I'VE FOUND THAT WITH THE RIGHT PHOTOGRAPHER, YOU CAN CREATE SOME AWESOME IMAGES WITH NOT A WHOLE LOT OF EFFORT. PLUS I THOUGHT I'D BETTER FLAUNT IT WHILE I HAVE IT. I PLAN ON HAVING KIDS ONE DAY,SO I MAY NOT ALWAYS HAVE A 24IN WAIST.

What is your favorite part about being a model?
MY FAVORITE PART ABOUT BEING A MODEL IS MEETING SO MANY TALENTED WELL CONNECTED PEOPLE.


What do you like better, music or modeling? MUSIC HANDS DOWN!

Talk about something you experienced as a model that you never forgot? BEFORE I GOT INTO THE BUSINESS A FRIEND OF MINE WAS ALREADY GOING ON SHOOTS AND AUDITIONS, AND SHE BROUGHT SOMETHING TO MY ATTENTION THAT MOTIVATED ME TO GIVE MODELING A TRY. SHE IS A VERY FAIR SKINNED MIXED GIRL WITH LONG BLACK HAIR, AND A GREAT BODY. AFTER BEING TURNED AWAY AT AN AUDITION , SHE TOLD ME THAT JUST BEING BEAUTIFUL IS NOT ENOUGH ANYMORE. YOU HAVE TO HAVE SOMETHING UNIQUE ABOUT YOU AND BE EXTREMELY CONFIDENT! THAT ADVISE I WILL NEVER FORGET!

You have a wide variety of poses in your pictures. What would you say is your most memorable picture or pose? I'D HAVE TO SAY THE PICTURE OF ME IN THE GREEN DRESS WITH THE PINK BACKGROUND,IS MY MOST MEMORABLE. IT WAS SHOT BY MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE PHOTOGRAPHER SKIP BRYANT AKA PIKS! HE'S AWESOME!

On a photo shoot, what was your most embarrasing moment? ON THAT SAME PHOTOSHOOT WE WERE ON BELLE ISLE AND I TRIPPED ON SOME ROCKS AND ALMOST FELL HEAD FIRST INTO THE DETROIT RIVER! LOL YEAH THAT WAS NOT A GOOD LOOK.














What would you say is your style or look?
MY STYLE IS VERY UNIQUE, RETRO, I GUESS YOU COULD SAY SINCE I LOVE VINTAGE CLOTHES. I LIKE NATURAL HAIR STYLES AND LIGHT BUT DRAMATIC MAKEUP.

What are you most likely to wear to the beach? To bed? To the club, if you go to clubs? WELL AT THE BEACH I LIKE TO WEAR BIKINI'S WITH BOY SHORTS, NOT A THONG AT THE BEACH TYPE OF GIRL. TO BED..... WELL USUALLY I DON'T WEAR ANYTHING, AND TO THE CLUB, WELL THAT DEPENDS. I LOVE A TIGHT PAIR OF SKINNY JEANS AND A CUTE TOP. NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT MY HEELS. KNEE HIGH BOOTS IN THE WINTER STRAPPY SANDALS IN THE SUMMER.

What would you say epitomizes sexy for you? LIPS! THE SEXIEST THING A MAN CAN DO IS KISS ME ON THE FOREHEAD!

What turns you on and turns you off? HONESTY TURNS ME ON.LIARS TURN ME OFF

You're in a club and a guy wants to step to you. What advice would you give that guy so he doesn't look like a lame? DON'T ACT THIRSTY! STRIKE UP AN INTERESTING CONVERSATION! THE BEST ADVISE I CAN GIVE A MAN IS THIS! YOU MAKE ME WANT TO GIVE IT UP BY NOT TRYING TO TALK ME INTO GIVING IT UP. SHOW INTEREST AND BE PATIENT.

Are you single or taken? I'M TECHNICALLY SINGLE, BUT I AM SEEING SOMEONE RIGHT NOW.

If you were a piece of candy, what would it be and why?
A WATERMELON BLOW POP. HARD ON THE OUTSIDE BUT IF YOU SUCK ON IT LONG ENOUGH YOU GET THE SOFT SURPRISE IN THE MIDDLE.

Being as beautiful as you are, you must get alot of attention day to day. How do you deal with all that attention? MOST IMPORTANTLY I DON'T LET IT GO TO MY HEAD. I KNOW THAT LOOKS ARE NOT EVERYTHING. I JUST TRY TO STAY BEAUTIFUL ON THE INSIDE. THAT'S WHAT MATTERS MOST TO ME.

Where can people see more of you, and how can you be contacted for bookings? Also, where can we hear more of your music? WELL, I'LL BE SINGING AT HALFTIME BAR AND GRILL ON DETROIT'S WESTSIDE ON MAY 4TH. ALSO THEY CAN CHECK ME OUT ON THE MOTOWN ON THE MOVE TOUR WITH BOBVISION. FIRST STOP PARSONS KANSAS IN JULY.

PEOPLE SHOULD ALSO STAY TUNED TO MY MYSPACE URL FOR UPDATES AND NEW SONGS. FOR BOOKINGS THEY CAN CONTACT ME DIRECTLY AT 313-778-0929
OR MY MANAGER AT 1-586-565-2157

Anything else you want to throw out there to the people? ALSO BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR MY RAP GROUP DEVYNE DYMES AND ALSO "DEVYNE DYMES EAR AND EYE CANDY" A MODELS AND PROMOTIONS GROUP I AM STARTING. I'M ALSO IN THE PROCESS OF THROWIMNG OPEN MIC CONCERTS AT CLUB VISION IN DETROIT. SO YEA, I'M ATTEMPTING TO DO BIG THINGS. ALSO ANY ARTIST WHO WANT TO WORK WITH ME PLEASE CALL 313-778-0929.

I AM VERY APPROACHABLE AND EASY TO WORK WITH. I LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING WITH AS MANY DETROIT ARTIST AS I POSSIBLY CAN. OH I ALMOST FORGOT I'M ALSO A MASSAGE THERAPIST SO PEOPLE CAN ALSO CONTACT ME FOR A SWEDISH MASSAGE! 1 HOUR $60


I’m glad that I got a chance to catch up with you, so for my last question, I want you to sum up your style and yourself with one word.....ECCLECTIC

J Michelle's "favorites"

Color: PURPLE
Type of flower:TULIP
Type of car: HEAVY CHEVY
Musician: MARY J BLIGE
Brand of jeans:ANY THAT FIT,NOT A LABEL WHORE,LOL
Brand of lingerie: FREDRICKS
Movie: FRIDAY!
Type of food: BAKED SALMON
Mixed drink: BLUE MOTHAF*CKA
Sports Team: DEEEEEEETROIT BAAAASKETBAAAAALLLL! PISTONS
Day of the week: FRIDAY
Actor or Actress: DEREK LUKE: SAANAA LATHAN
Rapper: PLIES!
Book: THE OTHER WOMAN BY ERIC JEROME DICKEY
Free time activity: LEARNING SOMETHING I DID NOT KNOW BEFORE
Perfume: MICHEAL BY MICHEAL KORS
Celebrity: KEYSHIA COLE
Flavor of Ice Cream: BUTTER PECAN
Type of kiss: SLOW AND PASSIONATE

No comments: