Monday, October 27, 2008

Meet Princess Dante!

Princess Dante is a model from LA California. She is doing her thing, with modeling and she's a hip hop artist also! What I like about Princess Dante is that she is the way she carries herself. She loves to have fun, she's real, and "crunk"! But on the real, she prides herself in being one of a kind, and she just has a look that will blow you away. Not only that, she's a cool person. Follow her on Twitter, read her blog, and watch her videos on Youtube; she's all over. She's doing it in a major way. Check out my interview with a beauty Im sure we'll all know as the one of a kind Princess Dante!

First of all, where are you from and what city, state or town are you representing? Los Angeles, California-born & bred;I’m a Hollywood Girl.

What are your measurements, height and weight? 5’7 & 125 lbs.

What are you doing currently, and what have you done previously in modeling? Currently, I’m shooting a Calendar and a lineup of Posters. I’m also the face of Princess Locs Hair Extensions. Most recently, I appeared in two videos for Baby Bash’s (Visionary/Evident Records), Da Stooie Bros. (“It Go Up” & “I Dig It”), and in FG Magazine, modeling Hustler Lingerie. Previously, I’ve appeared on Healthy Sexy Hair Products,”), Baby Bash’s “Cyclone” video, Badazz’s (“U Don’t Wanna be Broke”) video, and a few other music videos… a national “Safe Sex” PSA for the WB…

I don’t know how much more you’d like me to elaborate, but I started modeling around age five, doing Osh Kosh B’Gosh runway shows & competitions. As a teen, I modeled for Car Shows, Product Promotions – and I danced onstage for concerts that came to town… that’s how the modeling & the music merged….

What kind of modeling are you interested in? Print work is my favorite; capturing a look, a feeling… a moment that will never happen again... or maybe I just love getting dolled up & having my picture taken…?

Why did you want to become a model?
Growing up, whenever we’d go out, people would approach my mom and ask her if I model - and then urge her to get me into modeling straight away. I was a prissy tom-boy (a girly-girl that hangs with the boys); my mom thought modeling would straighten me out - into a young lady. Modeling was something my mom understood more than music, so that’s the direction she started me in – and I loved it. What girl doesn’t love to get pampered with the best of hair, makeup, & wardrobe, and then role play in front of a camera???

Who is your greatest influence and what help you to decide that you would love to be a model, and what do you bring to the modeling field or game? Wow, so many influences; it’s the photo that I am into. I would say I am influenced by everything around me. When I see something good, I study it and takes what can work for me. What I love about modeling is being a part of a visual medium that is tangible; capturing that moment; that look, that day.

I bring my own flavor to the game; moi; I’m imaginative, sensual, confident, and unique. My background in acting really helps me slip into the character or mood during a photo shoot.

What do you like to do in your free time? Ummm… LOL… What free time?? Free time is for retirement… haha… I am a huge movie buff. I watch a LOT of movies, travel, go clubbing, & attend my friends’ concerts when they’re playing in the city that I’m traveling in, which is rad, because we meet up around the globe… it’s an amazing life. Oh… and I LOVE an adventure. I like to “get silly’ with a couple friends and go on a wild, comedic adventure for the night. It’s the best when we catch it on video.

Where is your favorite vacation spot? Hmmmm….gosh, just one?? I loved the weather in Cozumel, Cuernavaca is gorgeous… I can’t wait to get back to Shanghai (China) and party… or maybe somewhere I haven’t been before. .. Hawaii was nice… Okay, I know… my favorite spot is a cruise ship! I LOVE cruises. So put me on a ship bound for The Virgin Islands or Fuji… somewhere tropical & shark-free!

If you were a piece of candy, what would it be and why? Oooh… I would be a unique piece of candy that’s a heart-shaped caramel exterior with a dark chocolate filling, and a chewy, tropical berry-flavored center. I’m sweet, smooth, consistent, and chewy; I love bright colors, I lead with my heart, and I’m flavorful! Plus, I love all three flavors. ;)

What was your first kiss like? OMG! Hahah…. I haven’t thought about that in years… I was like – the last girl in my clique to get kissed (late bloomer) - and my friends intervened. They stood in my driveway with my boyfriend and demanded that I kiss him… I wanted to so badly, but I didn’t know how to start it. So Justin (thn boyfriend) finally grabbed me and just did it. It was soooo great! It was the first, so what do you compare it with? At the time, I must have been about fourteen, but it was the greatest day of my life! LoL

What are you most likely to wear to the beach? A bikini and heeled flip-flops
To bed? I buy tiny “boy shorts” and pair them with a camisole; no undergarments – it’s soooo comfy!

To the club, if you go to clubs? Aw, yeah, I sure do… I get gussied up for the club! It’s usually hot in the club, so I wear shorts & lil’ top. I really put on a show on the dance floor; dancing around & droppin’ it like it’s on fire.

Skirts = Wardrobe Malfunction, so unless it’s a school-girl skirt with boy shorts underneath (which I sometimes do wear), I stick to shorts – never pants or jeans. , I go to the club looking super-fly.

If you were single and somebody set you up on a blind date, and you got the prospects phone # and called him before the date, how would you describe yourself and what would you tell him would be a good reason to date you? I would say “I’m 5’7, slender, waist-length curly hair, brown eyes, warm caramel skin, exotic, long legs, and 100% real; one-of-a-kind. You won’t be disappointed.”

What is your most defining feature? Physically? My facial beauty marks(a splash of freckles and two moles) – I love them! If you meant in a more broad sense, I’d say the way I carry myself is what defines me.

Being as beautiful as you are, you must get alot of attention day to day. How do you deal with all that attention? Aaahhhh…. I love the attention… Most of the time…if not, I put on my stunna shades and keep it moving I’m always friendly with anyone that steps out of their comfort zone to greet me or share a compliment; I love meeting different personalities. Sometimes I get men that are disrespectful and try to touch me in my “no touch” zones – that doesn’t fly with me. I’m quick to put a man in his place for grabbing on my body without my permission. There have been a few crazies…. I meet a lot of people… daily; I‘ve had to learn to be wiser about my security.

What's the worst opening line you have heard? “What’s crackin’?”

If you had a choice, what magazine would you be on the cover of? Maxim

If you had a choice of videos, which one would you be in? A dirty south crunk video or would you go R&B? I would first choose the Dirty South Crunk video.. more fun… ;)

What is your favorite part about being a model? Being pampered & made up into different characters.

Which do you prefer, runway modeling or just photoshoots? I prefer Print modeling; photoshoots.

What’s the best advice ever given to you and what are your goals in terms of being a model? Best advice? Fall in love with the camera.

Who do you prefer, Tyra or Naomi? I prefer Tyra over Naomi.

I've seen you on your Myspace, are you on any other sites?

Yep, www.PrincessDante.com ,
www.Youtube.com/princessdante,
www.twitter.com/princessdante , &
http://princessdante.blogspot.com

How can anybody contact you if they are interested in working with you? Call me (323) 271-0150

What do you think makes you memorable as a model? My look is very different and even exotic – I stand out. I believe it comes from my eyes. I have a burning passion that shows.

I’m glad that I got a chance to catch up with you, so for my last question, I want you to sum up your style and yourself with one word.....One-of-a-kind

Princess Dante's "favorites":

Color tiffany blue & hot pink
Type of flower I forgot the name! They are thick-stemmed, giant, bright colored daisies
Type of car Aston Martin… anything European
Musician ummm…..rappers are kinda yummy
Brand of jeans Citizens for Humanity
Brand of lingerie la perla & cosabella
Movie The Sweetest Thing
Type of food Candy
Mixed drink cosmos… cranberry vodka is great, too
Sports Team whichever team my then current boyfriend plays for or likes. Lol.. The Lakers!
Day of the week Saturday
Actor or Actress Cameron Diaz
Rapper PRiNCeSS DaNTe! Alright, LOL….someone else……wow…that’s sooooo hard to say….. so many…..Lil’ Wayne’s raps excite me.. Method man is my all-time #1. Rap group is Da Stooie Bros. They’re on fire!
Book The e-Myth & Take Effective Control of Your Life
Free time activity ??????????/What free time?????? Watching movies
Perfume Kenzo flower - spiced & herve leger are the fragrant loves of my life.
Celebrity Prince & Drew Barrymore
Flavor of Ice Cream …gelato… anything with caramel
Type of kiss French, passionate; gently led into from eye contact… slow and enticing… yep… ;)



No comments: