Monday, May 11, 2009

Mala Ownes


Mala Ownes is a beautiful model from Cleveland Ohio. Mixing brains with sexy curves, Mala has a look of class, style and sophistication. Not only that, she is studying law as well. What I like about Mala is her creativity, and how she takes an approach to modeling of adding an artistic vibe to her work. This approach works so well on magazine covers she is on and the many different pictures you see of her on the net. See more of her on her Model Mayhem page , Myspace,and her own site and you will see the beauty that is Mala!

First of all, where are you from? I grew up in Cleveland Ohio.

What city, state or town are you representing? I live in Los Angeles

What are your measurements? 34-25-34

Why did you want to become a model? One of my neighbors in Ohio was a model. When I was 14, she was featured in Ebony Magazine and it inspired me.

Who is your greatest influence and what help you to decide that you would love to be a model? This is also answered in the previous question. Strong confident women influence me the most. My neigbor, the model, definitely played a huge part in my life.

What do you bring to the modeling field or game? A midwestern attitude - a fresh approach without all of the drama.

What do you like to do in your free time? I'm pretty laid back. I like to hang out with friends. I'm also in Law School so that takes a lot of my time.

Where is your favorite vacation spot? Las Vegas...oh, and cruises. Especially Caribbean cruises.

If you were a piece of candy, what would it be and why? Anything sweet sour. I'm a good girl with Mid-western values. But, I've got a little kick to me too!

How would you define your style? Simple and laid back. I'm a jeans and t-shirt girl. I love flip flops and fabulous boots. That's me...easy.

What are you most likely to wear to the beach? I will wear a 2 piece. If I had a one piece that was like totally awesome, I woud wear it, but I like throwing on a 2 piece bikini. To bed? NOTHING. To the club, if you go to clubs? I only go to clubs when Im out of town and I wear jeans (seven for all mankind or true religion) and a BeBe top.

What is your most defining feature? My lips

Being as beautiful as you are, you must get alot of attention day to day. How do you deal with all that attention? I say thank you and keep it moving. So, thank you...next....

What is your most memorable experience as a model? It was total fun shooting a Harley Davidsion shoot in Las Vegas!! It was 4 of us very different girls and 4 very different guys and a huge production crew and it was fun for about 5 days! Cant wait to see those images next month!!

What is your favorite part about being a model? Being made beautiful! I cant do make up, hair or style myself. I feel very pretty when I model and like a little doll.

Which do you prefer, runway modeling or just photoshoots? I would love to have more opportunities to work the runway. But, I'm not 5'9. Print is more marketable for me and I rock it!

What are your goals in terms of being a model? I want to do major campaigns and book more national print jobs and commercials. Harley Davidson was just the start. I'd also like to break into film and television in the near future.

I've seen you on your self named site, are you on any other sites? Myspace, Facebook, Twitter and a slew of make up artist, photographer and stylist personal sites.

I'm glad that I got a chance to catch up with you, so for my last question, I want you to sum up your style and yourself with one word..... Chill

Mala's favorites:

Color - Blue
Type of flower - Tulips
Type of car - I know its not a car, but I love Harley's specifically, a Road King
Musician - Adrea Bocelli & John Legend
Brand of jeans - Seven for all mankind and True religion
Brand of lingerie - VSC of course
Movie - Grease
Type of food - NACHOS!!!
Mixed drink - Pink Bitch - there is only one place that make it O'Brien's on Wilshire in santa monica. Ask for James
Sports Team - Dallas Cowboys and all of the texas basketball teams, College - OSU football
Day of the week -Friday
Actor or Actress - Denzel Washnington & Sanaa Lathan
Rapper - Jayz
Book - Black Like Me
Free time activity - Hanging at the house, doing nothing, watching spongbob, Simpsons, family guy, snapped, law and order, just hanging at the crib OR IN VEGAS!!
Perfume - Cashmere (the don't sell it in the states anymore)
Celebrity - Don't really have a fav L
Flavor of Ice Cream - Chocolate if its by itself
Type of kiss - any kiss from my sweetie

No comments: